Thursday, February 26, 2015

Semiya Adai/ Vermicelli Adai


This semiya adai is best  for evening time snacks. I learnt this recipe from the cookbook. I did little modification to suit to our taste. When I made this first time in my home, everyone in my family enjoyed this. So whenever  my mom wants to make this snack, she will  leave the kitchen to me. After  marriage this is the first time I am making this.
This is simple recipe .  Give a try and rejoice your kids who are coming back to home tiredly...










Here is the recipe...



Ingredients:


Semiya/ Vermicelli - 1 cup

Thick curd -  1 cup

Rice flour - 2- 4 tbsp

Onion - 1

Green chilli -  6 nos  finely chopped

Coriander leaves - a fist full

Curry leaves - 2 sprigs

Salt - as needed

Oil - 1 tbsp




Method:


1. Heat oil in a pan and roast semiya until golden brown.













2.  Then Soak Semiya in Curd for  15 mins.





3. Heat a tsp of oil in  a pan . fry onion till it turns transparent and then add green chillies and curry leaves and toss it well.













4.  Then add the above mixture to the soaked semiya. also add rice flour ,chopped  corriander leaves and salt. Mix it well


 



5.  Make adai  on Banana leaf or plastic cover  using your hands . 




6. Heat tawa  add tsp of oil  and  cook adai . Flip over and cook on both sides till golden brown.


 


Now our adai is ready...



I served with Tomato ketchup...







Notes:

  • Don't add  curd more than the mentioned level. Otherwise it will be difficult for shapind adai.
  • If you didn't get the shape of adai , then add more rice flour and try again.
  • Be gentle while fliping adais.








No comments:

Post a Comment