Thursday, February 12, 2015

Vegetable puff


Yesterday my long time dream became true. Ya... I wanted to try veg puff at home. After purchasing oven at my home , me and my mom wanted to try this, but sadly we searched many supermarkets and not able to find pasty sheets. So dropped our idea. After coming to Germany, very recently i visited my friend's house for a birthday party of her daughter. That evening she made a snack using puffs pastry sheet. seeing and tasting that dish, i wanted to make puffs at home. I inquired her about the shop, where she purchased pastry sheet. Next week i went to the same shop (i have already been to this shop but didn't spot this item before) and purchased that. i was so happy inside my mind. The first thing i do after coming home is i shared my happiness to my mom through the phone. Because we both went mad in searching this sheet in our place.





Coming to the recipe...  Iam sure that your kids will love this like anything... My husband loved this  and he wanted me to to make this frequently. I strictly said no...(health conscious!!! he.. he... :D).

Some clips...





Ingredients:

Puff pastry sheet - 275 gms

Vegetables (chopped) - 1cup

Onion - 1

Ajwain/ Fennel seeds - 1tsp

Red chilli powder - 1 tsp

Toriander powder - 2tsp

Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp

Tomato sauce - 1tbsp

Oil - 1 tbsp

Salt - as needed

Water - as needed


Method:

1. Finely chop the veggies. I used 1 carrot ,10 beans and fist full of green peas.



2. Pressure cook the veggies with very little water sprinkled  for 3 whistles.




3. In a pan heat oil, splutter ajwain and add onion fry till transparent.



4. Then add cooked vegetables and give a stir.



5. Now add all powders and salt mix well.



6. Finally add tbsp of tomato sauce and toss well.



7. Now the stuffing ready. Allow it to cool down completely.



8. Thaw and prepare the pastry sheets as per the instruction given in the cover.




9. Cut in to rectangular pieces. keep 2 tbsp of stuffing in the corner side of the sheet as shown in the picture.




10. fold it and press the corners.





11. Brush the puff with 1/2 tsp of oil.




12. Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Mean while line a backing tray with backing paper and arrange the puffs.



13. Bake it for 15 - 20 mins.




Now our puffs is ready...



Have with tea or coffee...



Tempting click...




Wanna bite? :)



At different angles...








Note:

1. You can experiment with any type of stuffing

2. The baking time vary oven to oven. So check after 15 mins.

3.Iif you dont have sauce , you can use one deseeded tomato.



No comments:

Post a Comment