Saturday, February 21, 2015

Eggless sponge cake/ Milkmaid cake

After a  long gap I am with a interesting post. After enjoying Christmas vacation, I didn't update any recipes in my blog but making and clicking the pictures. Me and my husband had a great time in venice and rome. It took so many days for me to stick to my routine work after coming to home.But as usual  I was trying new dishes ... enjoying clicking and eating... 
    Day before yesterday I tried this cake. it came out very well. My mom made this cake  when she visited my chiti 's home. All were saying that  the cake was awesome. And  especially the kiddos enjoyed a lot. By hearing these comment i too wanted to try this. But when i made that cake  for the first time, the outer color was perfect, but the center of the cake was Gooey. I didn't know where i did the mistake. So i wanted to try another time to get the perfect one. ya..this time I succeed . The texture was perfect. The aroma was awesome. My husband loved it like anything, he was surprised how I got this texture without egg. And  he asked me to buy any backing utensils as his gift for the wonderful cake I made.




Here is the recipe... It is a foolproof recipe. without any fear follow the measurement and instructions. I am sure that you will get a wonderful cake . Come on...Give a try and surprise your loved ones...



Ingredients:


Nestle milkmaid condensed milk - 1 cup

Milk - 1/2 cup

Butter - 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp(60 ml)

Maida - 140 gms

Baking powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp

Baking soda - 1/2 tsp

Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Sugar - 2 - 3 tbsp




Method:


1. Sieve  maida, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.




2. Take softened butter in a bowl.




3. Add 1 cup of condensed milk to it and beat it well.




4. Then add half cup of milk to it and stir well.




5. Now add the sieved flour (one table spoon at a time) to the above mixture. And beat it well until no lumps found.






6. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Meanwhile Grease the baking tray  and pour the batter in the tray.





7. Bake it for 10 mins and then reduce the temperature to 150 degree and again bake for 20 mins. After 20 mins check it by inserting tooth pick in the center of the cake. If it comes clean then the cake is done. otherwise bake it for another 5 - 10 mins and proceed accordingly. When its done , remove it from the oven, leave it for 5 mins. then invert the tin in a wire rack carefully. Allow it to cool down completely . Cut in to pieces.



Now our cake is ready...






Wanna bite?




See how beautiful the texture is!!!






Notes:


  • Dont melt the butter. The butter should be in room temperature. 
  • Make sure that milk and condensed milk are in room temperature.
  • If you found your cake is browning at the edges and center is not cooked properly, dont worry.Take aluminium foil, prickle some holes, cover the backing tray with this foil, and bake it again  for 10 -15 mins. Now the center will be cooked well. and edges will not brown further.




No comments:

Post a Comment