Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Basundi

Basundi is the Indian dessert made with milk. I have tasted basundi in Aanandhabhavan restaurant in coimbatore. This is my mom's favorite dessert. Also for me and my sister. So whenever we visit there, we used to have basundi at the end of our feast. When i saw the recipe in the net , I surprised  because it is very  easy to prepare. The pictures tempted me to try that recipe  asap . Finally I    made... it so delicious... unable to express in words... I enjoyed every spoon of my Basundi. Its really  tastes heaven... comeon friends... give  a try and make your loved ones happy...





Here comes the recipe...




Ingredients:


Milk - 1 liter

Saffron/ kesar  -  few strands

Almonds(Finely chopped) - 2 tbsp

Cashews (Finely chopped) - 2 tbsp

Sugar - 5 -6 tbsp

Cardamom powder - 1 tsp






Method:


1. Take milk in a heavy bottomed pan.




2. In a medium heat, allow it to boil. Stir Continuously,  also scrape the sides of pan at regular intervals. Don't allow the milk to stick at bottom. You should stir continuously until  the milk reduces to half of its volume.




3. Now add few strands of saffron.




4. Stir it for 2-3 minutes then add chopped nuts to the milk mixture.




5. Now add sugar as needed. I added 6 tbsp of sugar. Stir it well.




6. Finally add cardamom powder.




7. Let it be in the medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes.



Serve it warm / cold. But it taste better when it is cold. The basundi gets thicker as it cools. Now richy, Creamy, delicious basundi ready...






and here is the visual treat for you...





Is it tempting?



I really enjoyed clicking delicious basundi...

Notes:

  • Don't use low fat milk as it will not get thicken faster.I used 3.5% fat milk.
  • If you don't stir the milk continuously, the milk will stick to its bottom.
  • Add a pinch of nutmeg powder along with cardamom powder. As i don't have that i didn't add.
  • 4 - 5 drops of lemon juice is added in the recipe I referred, to attain the grainy structure. But i didn't add because i attained the grainy structure naturally without adding. If you want you can add. But don't add  more than the mentioned level, Too much juice will curdle the milk.




                                              



1 comment: